My November Discoveries

How has another month gone by? It feels like I only just posted my October Discoveries and now, here we are staring December in the face. We’ve been in Melbourne for over a month now and I’ve discovered so many amazing things and places. Far too many to list here so I’ve some how managed to cut it down to just five!

8-Bit Burgers

Ok so you know I love burgers right? 8-Bit is a retro video game themed burger joint in Melbourne (with two sites, Footscray and city centre). Their burgers have blown my mind. Walking into their city centre restaurant you’d be forgiven for thinking you were in a trendy McDonalds. Don’t be fooled. Despite the focus on grab & go, the food is incredible. The cheesy bacon fries are incredible and the burgers are so so good, possibly the best I’ve ever eaten. Yes. I just said that.

The one below is the After Burner – Beef, tomato, red onion, lettuce, cheese, chilli sauce, jalapeños, mustard and chipotle mayo. All for $10.50 which is around £6.50. AMAZING RIGHT?! I can feel the calories piling on as I type.

Ice Poles

Who remembers ice poles from their childhood? We’re getting a tad obsessed with them here!! They are cheap and cool you down when the weather is hot (sorry to my readers in the UK!!). Such nostalgia right now! 😎

Melbourne Cat Cafe

It’s no secret that I’m a crazy cat lady.  This week has been double celebration as I heard that there is a cat cafe opening in Bristol (just in time for my return) and we also visited the cat cafe here in Melbourne. It was the first one in Australia and all the cats there are rescue kitties. The space wasn’t as interesting as the cat cafe in Nottingham but the cats were all cute and loved playing with us!

Home Made Nachos

We had some tortillas in the cupboard which were starting to go past their best so I googled home made tortilla chips and made my first ever batch. It’s so easy – just snip them into triangles, scatter on a baking tray and toss in a little oil. Season with salt, pepper and cumin or paprika if you like and bake for around 10 mins until golden brown. There are so many dips here in the shops and we have a fridge full so we scoffed the chips with olive dip, avocado dip and hummus. Perfect for TV snacks. More of which below…

WestWorld

Yeah I know… not at all foodie but O-M-G are you watching it? We’re completely hooked and reserve Sunday nights for the next episode. I’m totally confused by the whole thing and have spent far too much time googling fan theories.

Next week is the final episode which just makes me sad. What will we do! Any suggestions for great boxsets to replace the West World hole when it arrives?

Have you discovered anything new or amazing this month? Let me know in the comments below, I’d love to hear from you!

1. 1st December 2016 / 12:40 am

My friend lives in Melbourne! That burger place looks amazing, I feel like I need to try if there's any veggie options :O

2. 1st December 2016 / 12:49 am

I've never been to Melbourne, we did the east coast back in 2012 but didn't make it that far south. Hope we get the chance in the future, would love to give that burger place a try. Also loving Westworld, such a great story line, don't want it to end either!!!

3. 1st December 2016 / 12:50 am

The Cat Cafe looks cool. They do have a few Cat Cafe in Bangkok unfortunately we don't have one Singapore 🙁

4. 1st December 2016 / 5:45 pm

Ahhh love Icepoles SO much, especially in the summer… not so much when it's -2 outside though haha.
    I'm also a crazy cat lady (I have two kitties) and that cafe sounds AMAZING! We need one where I live, I'd spend my life there haha xx

5. 1st December 2016 / 7:46 pm

I remember those ice lollies, i used to have them all the time when i was younger

6. 1st December 2016 / 9:23 pm

That burger! It looks incredible ♥ I'm also super jealous that it's hot enough for icepoles – it's SO COLD here haha xo

7. 1st December 2016 / 9:29 pm

I love ICE POLES! I literally survived the summer on them when I was pregnant lol! Those burgers look amazing too and for a great price! xx

8. 1st December 2016 / 9:32 pm

I have some friends in Melbourne, it is a cool place and I would like to visit sometime.I love the look of the burgers and same here I can't believe that it is December already!

9. 2nd December 2016 / 3:49 am

It's lovely here although we've not done the east coat (only the west) so cannot compare! Yes, Westworld is SO good and only one episode left!!!

10. 2nd December 2016 / 3:50 am

I'm kind of missing the cold! Especially now that everyone back home is getting all festive!

11. 2nd December 2016 / 3:51 am

Hehehe ice poles are the future, definitely getting some next summer in the UK!

12. 2nd December 2016 / 11:16 pm

A cat cafe is such an amazing concept! Would love to visit one sometime.

13. 3rd December 2016 / 9:57 am

I like the sound of cat cafe. This is just the place I would love to visit one day.