Pescatarian January – Week Three

As I’m sure you’re all well aware of now, Dave and I have chosen to eat a Pescatarian diet for the whole of January. I can’t believe it’s week three already, time in flying by.

Looking back on last week’s meal plan (see it here), two thing really stand out. Making Pad Thai with courgette ‘zoodles’ was fun. If you don’t have one, I recommend you buy a spiralizer, I have a hand-held one and it’s great. The Saucy Fish Co. Sicilian lemon and dill roasted salmon was particularly delicious and made a perfect salad topper for lunch one day too. Mum made me a cracking smoked haddock and cheese sauce dinner on Monday too which was so great I recreated it for Dave on Friday night!

On Wednesday night we were at the Orange tree in Leicester for their supper club ‘Meet & Eat’. It was a great evening, lots of fun and well worth the £25 ticket price (which included a welcome drink and three course meal). The scallops were the highlight of the meal for me. On Sunday night we went to ZAAP Thai Street Food in Nottingham and it was GREAT fun. It’ll be on the blog soon.

So far I’m not really missing meat, although, on Friday I did have an accidental slip-up. The chefs are changing the recipe on their burgers at one of the pubs and the manager brought out a plate of samples for a few of us to try. I popped a piece in my mouth without realising and actually, it wasn’t until after work when I was walking past Five Guys that I realised my mistake.

This weeks meal plan:

Monday

We are meeting a friend after work for drinks so dinner will need to be quick. I have a smoked haddock with chive and cheese sauce from Saucy Fish Co. that’ll go nicely with mash and peas.

Tuesday

I’m at my mum’s again – not sure whats for tea yet, maybe pasta.

Wednesday

We’re meeting a friend at the pub so I’m planning to make something which can be easily re-heated. At the moment I’m thinking vegetable curry. Maybe chickpea curry like the one above?

Thursday

I am desperate to make some soup this week. Perhaps a chunky minestrone as I have a bag of soup pasta from Tuscany which I want to use. Plus when the weather is cold, I really crave soup and buttered crusty bread.

Friday

We’re heading down to Bristol after work so a quick dinner at our favourite place, Gloucester Services will be on the cards.

Weekend

As we’re in Bristol this weekend, I have no idea what we’ll be eating but I’m keen to go back to Canteen in Stokes Croft and cover it for the blog. I ate there a few months ago and loved it.

What are you eating this week?

Here are some more ideas for pescatarian and vegetarian recipes from some of my favourite bloggers:

For more recipe inspiration and meal planning help, check out Mrs M’s Meal Planning Monday linky.

1. 18th January 2016 / 6:22 pm

I love how you've linked other recipes to your blog! I'm currently a student and I need new things to try and cook, so I'll definately be reading your blog and checking out recipes and new foods 🙂 I've never heard of courgette zoodles before! Love your blog 🙂 X

2. 18th January 2016 / 7:17 pm

I am a vegetarian so all my meals are always full of veg, rice and pasta normally

3. 18th January 2016 / 8:32 pm

I don't quite know how you do it, I really could manage without any meat but I love your meal choices though, will definitely need to try some of them!

4. 19th January 2016 / 8:49 am

I LOVE Gloucs Services!! We make sure we always stop there on our way up north.
    Also if you're looking for eateries in Stokes Crfoft / Gloucs Road in Bristol – The Black Sheep – amazing veggie and vegan food at a steal / Bakers and Co for some amazing coffee / Pieminiester (get the heidi pie!)
    Loving the sound of the courgetti pad thai!

5. 19th January 2016 / 11:24 am

You sound very organised! I guess I would have to say I am a flexitarian – mainly vegan but with fish and eggs as I know my body works best with some animal protein, and these seem best for me. It sounds likes you have a busy week. Best wishes with the rest of the month's fishy menus 🙂

6. 19th January 2016 / 1:16 pm

Thank you Sus! Pieminister is THE BEST but I can't go there and not have the beef and stilton pie so it'll have to wait til after January! We'll definitely give The Black Sheep a try though, sounds great.

Don't get me started on my love for Gloucester Services!! Teeheee…

7. 19th January 2016 / 1:16 pm

Flexitarian is a nice way of naming it – I think I'm a bit of that too. I do try to be organised but it doesn't always work! Thanks for stopping by 🙂

8. 19th January 2016 / 1:18 pm

Thank you Toni Charlotte! The food blogging community is brilliant, everyone supports each other, it's great fun! I'll be giving your blog a read tonight too 🙂

9. 19th January 2016 / 1:18 pm

I tend to choose potatoes and pasta over rice so perhaps next week I'll plan in a few more 'rice' based dishes!

10. 20th January 2016 / 1:34 pm

Sounds like you have a busy week planned – I stopped by from Mrs M in search of inspiration… going to suggest to the Littlesheeps that they might like soup for dinner although I think the might complain that it is lunch not dinner!

11. 21st January 2016 / 8:57 am

Haha I see your point about soup but I think as long as you have lots of veggies in it and some crusty bread, it feels like enough. Love Mrs M's linky for meal plan ideas!

12. 21st January 2016 / 10:04 pm

I've never been to a supper club, but I really should. I'll have to look out for one near me.

Looks like there's not too much cooking on your plan for this week… Probably similar to how mine has ended up. Sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day ! 🙂