Ok, here we are on day 2.
In case you’re not up to date, I’m working my way through the March Olive Magazine 7 meals for £30 feature having successfully done it back in October successfully and on budget.
Day 2: Coconut & Coriander Salmon
- Thai red curry paste
- Half-fat coconut milk 400ml
- Skinless salmon fillets X2
- Green Beans 100g blanched
- Fish Sauce, a splash
- Lime, 1 juiced
- Coriander, 1/2 a small bunch chopped
- Cooked basmati rice, to serve
- Heat the curry paste with a splash of coconut milk in a wide shallow pan. Fry the paste for a minute then add the rest of the coconut milk and simmer for 1 min.
- Add the salmon and cook for 5-7 mins until just cooked through, adding the beans for the last minute or so. Stir in the fish sauce, lime huice & coriander and serve with rice and extra lime wedges if you like.
Well someone forgot to blanch the green beans so they were a little on the crunchy side! The sauce was lovely and this was a great quick midweek meal which I’ll make again. One comment would be that the salmon took closer to 10 mins to be cooked through.
Yesterday I cooked smoky black bean chilli soup – see it here or, to see my original ‘7 meals for £35’ challenge from last October, click here.
Its date night tomorrow but I’ll be back on Friday with the next meal in the feature!