Something a bit different which I just love the sound of and couldn’t wait to have a go at!
The very fabulous and local to me, blogger Emily nominated me for this. Her blog, Recipes and Reviews always has something home made and delicious to look at and on top of this, her favourite food is sushi – which makes her all good in my view!
The Leibster Award. Here it is in a nutshell:
“The Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 300 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 10 random facts about themselves, answer the 10 questions from the award giver, and then nominate other bloggers and make up 10 questions for them to answer. it’s a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow.”
Task 1 – Ten random facts about me:
- The teeth either side of my two front teeth are missing – if you look closely, you can see that my pointy ones have been filed down to look ‘normal’.
- I am addicted to onion ring crisps, the cheaper the better.
- My favourite food in the world is roast belly pork.
- When I was 18 I spent the summer working as a school cleaner.
- I once stood on Jools Holland’s foot.
- I have a tattoo of a butterfly on my right arm.
- I have tiny feet – size 3!
- I have my very own recipe guinea pig – he’s also my wonderful husband of 7 months and counting.
- I love the Shrek films.
- Last year I flew to Los Angeles and back in 1 day.
Task 2 -Answer Emily’s questions
How would you sum up your blog in five words?
Lighthearted, local, simple, fun and varied.
Where did your blog name come from?
From my hair colour and family nickname – as a child my hair was flame red! Its faded a little now so I like to think of myself as more ‘strawberry blond’!
What is your ultimate favourite cuisine?
I absolutely love Indian food as you can probably tell from the amount of reviews on my blog. I cook a lot with Indian spices at home and love nothing more than a good curry!
What foodie product or utensil could you not live without?
My wok! I use it for frying, stirfry, curries.. anything really!
Do you think you could go veggie and why/why not?
Absolutely not! Although I tend to cook one or two vegetarian meals a week, I love meat and fish and couldn’t imagine my life without them.
What would you cook if you went on ‘come dine with me’?
Ooooh I’ve thought about this so many times and never come up with the answer. I guess I’d do something simple like parma ham wrapped asparagus and soft boiled egg to start followed by a rich and meaty beef stew with crusty bread and a light cheesecake to finish!
Who is your favourite celebrity chef and why?
My all time favourite is Glynn Purnell – not only is he from the Midlands but he’s a great chef with a cracking sense of humour. At the moment, I’m a little bit in love with Tom Aitkens too, its the ginge which gets me!
If you were to make an icecream with three scoops, any flavour, what would they be?
Can I have sorbet? Lemon sorbet, vanilla and strawberry 🙂
What is your earliest memory of cooking/ baking?
My dads eggy bread. He used to make it for lunch on the weekends when my mum was at work. His giant hairy hands dipping the bread in the egg mixture and the smell of frying! Yum.
Last but not least… sweet or savoury?
Savoury. That is all.
Task 3 – Nominate other bloggers
I’ve stuck to a foodie theme with this – so, here are my nominations – all great foodies, well worth checking out!
The British Menu
Adam is a fellow Leicestershire food blogger with a great attitude to food and sense of humour.
Eat Slurp Burp
I was one of Carol’s first blog followers. She’s eaten at some amazing restaurants around the world.
Domestic Goddess on a Shoestring
A girl after my own heart, Cut Price Kate has a penchant for a yellow label! Her blog focuses on reduced price food and she proves you can eat well on just pennies!
Cooking, Cakes and Children
A lovely family oriented blog written by the ex-Foodies 100 editor.
My 10 questions, should you choose to accept the challenge:
- When and why did you decide to start a food blog?
- If you could only eat one vegetable for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
- Red sauce or brown sauce?
- If you could have anyone to your house for dinner, who would it be and why? You can invite 4 people.
- What is the one ingredient you can’t live without?
- Favourite takeaway?
- What’s your most embarrassing food secret?
- What is your favourite style of cooking and why?
- Cheeseboard or cheesecake?
- Who inspired you most as a young cook & what did you learn from them?
So, thats it, my Leibster post is almost over! Thank you for nominating me Emily, its been really fun and I hope to see some answers from my nominees soon!