Ok, I apologise for not doing these in order – we had an Easter interlude and now another days interlude as I was down in London with work! So, its a sunny Saturday afternoon and I’ve just finished eating the next recipe on my 7 meals for £30 journey, which is, appropriately, full of spring colours!
Warm Squash & Quinoa Salad with Lemon Soy Dressing
Ingredients, serves 2:
- Butternut squash, 350g cut into wedges
- Red onion, cut into thin wedges
- Groundnut oil
- Quinoa, 100g
- Edamame beans, 150g
- Sesame oil, 1tbsp
- Lemon 1/2 juiced
- Soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger, a small chunk finely chopped
- Put the squash and onion in a bowl and add 1tbsp oil and lots of seasoning and toss. Spread onto a non stick baking dish and roast for 25-30 minutes until tender.
- Cook the quinoa following pack instructions and add the edamame for the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain well.
- Divide the quinoa between two bowls and add the squash and onion then whisk together the sesame oil, lemon, soy and ginger and spoon over the top.
I made this for myself so halved the ingredients and as I didn’t have any quinoa in, I used basmati rice instead. The dressing really lifted this and the sharpness of the lemon against the salty soy worked well. This is something I see as more of a lunch dish than a dinner – its not really hearty enough to fill you up after a long day at work! 8/10