This is a recipe my American friend gave me – these brownies are absolutely delicious, fudgy and moist and you would never know that they are only 30 calories a slice (yes really)!!
Ingredients (this will make 16 squares):
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons low fat margarine, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) block low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup calorie-free sweetener
- 3 tablespoons skimmed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat sugar and margarine with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg, egg white, and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour and cocoa, beating well. Pour into an 8-inch square pan coated with cooking spray.
- Beat cream cheese and sweetener with a mixer at high speed until smooth. Add milk; beat well. Pour cream cheese mixture over chocolate mixture; swirl together using the tip of a knife to create a marbled effect.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
Find this recipe and other healthy recipes here.