The nice thing about staying in a house when you go away is the option to cook at home. My mum and step dad have been coming to the same place in Tuscany (between Lucca and Barga) for 10 years now with an assortment of children joining them at different times and in different combinations over the years. This year is my first visit since 2011 and despite also being his housemate, I’m here with my brother. We’re loving the combination of good food, doing very little and catching up with the family.
Easy Tomato Bruschetta
- 1 baguette cut on the slant into 2 inch thick slices.
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 4-5 small – medium sized tomatoes finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic
- Put your baguette slices under the grill for 1-2 minutes until slightly dried out but not browning.
- Rub the garlic clove into the lightly toasted surface of the bread
- Take out from the frill and drizzle with olive oil
- Top each slice with some tomatoes and season with salt & pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil on top and return to the grill for 1- 2 minutes.