We’ve had friends staying for the weekend and have had such a great time. As fellow foodies, the weekend has of course revolved around food. We started with a warm bacon, chicken and avocado salad at home before heading out for a walk in Bradgate Park, then out for dinner at Browns Lane in Loughborough and drinks after in The Kelso.
Today we’ve been chilling out but after seeing this recipe on pinterest, we decided to load it up onto my tablet and give it a go because it seemed so unbelievable! This is one of those things you read about on the internet and think ‘yeah right’ but seriously – we were so surprised that it actually worked and was really nice!
1 mug is enough for 2 people – or in our case, a taster for 4! Here’s the original recipe: 2 Minute Chocolate Salted Caramel Mug Cake. But here it is for ease:
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg – beaten
- 3 tablespoons skimmed milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 salted caramels (we used thorntons)
- Into a small bowl add: flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, salt, egg, milk, and vegetable oil. Mix to combine.
- Pour mixture into a regular sized coffee mug. Drop caramels into center of mixture one at a time.
- Microwave on high for one minute and 30 seconds. If needed (if cake batter is still gooey), microwave on high for up to an additional 30 seconds.
|My glamorous assistant!|
|I can confirm this is the only microwave cooking shot on my blog!|