Time for a quick Salmon and Leek filo pie. The recipe is pinched from my library of old Olive magazines, this one is from Aug 2010. The recipe is so quick and easy to make and really tasty. Plus, for not much effort, I think this looks pretty impressive on the plate.
- 3 leeks
- 250g Ricotta cheese
- 250g Filo pastry (I used shop bought)
- 150g Smoked Salmon
- 1 Egg
- Butter – for pastry glaze
- Parsley – optional, for garnish.
- Slice the leeks and fry in butter or oil for around 5-7 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the whole tub of ricotta, the smoked salmon (cut up into strips) & 1 egg.
- Cook through for literally 2 mins, stirring. Then leave to one side.
- Line a pie dish or baking tray with 2/3 sheets of filo and brush them with some melted butter.
- Add the filling and then cover with 2/3 further sheets of filo. Brush with more butter and then we’re ready for the oven! Simples..
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 180/fan 160/gas 4.
- Serve with a tomato, rocket and red onion salad for a light but filling dinner.
So, heres the finished thing – looking a little more rustic than the one in the magazine but very tasty never the less. And let’s be honest, anything looks pretty on a bit of vintage crockery!
Over and Out for now..