This is basically a lot of leftover cheese, some filo pastry, potato slices and onions. It’s most definitely NOT diet friendly but eating a warm slice (or 2 or 3) of this on a Sunday afternoon is seriously good! And what a perfect way of using leftover ends of cheese from your festive cheeseboard?
I don’t really have a recipe as this is just a gathering of left overs cooked in the oven and that’s the beauty – you can use whatever cheese you have in. Blue cheese will give it a strong flavour whereas a brie or Camembert, a creamy texture – the choice is yours!
The basic ingredients:
- Left over cheese
- 2 medium sized potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion cut into rings
- Filo pastry
- Melted butter
- Get a pie dish and brush with melted butter.
- Line with 3 sheets of filo pastry ensuring plenty of spare pastry hangs over all edges.
- Put a single layer of potatoes across the bottom of the dish
- Sprinkle the onion rings on top of the potato
- Liberally chuck in the cheese on top and season with black pepper.
- Fold over the sides of the filo pastry to cover the filling.
- Brush with more melted butter.
- Cook in the oven at 180fan for 20 mins until golden brown.