- Zest and juice of two small oranges
- 150ml of apple juice
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (or less if you prefer it less spicy)
- 2 tbsp of white sugar
- 1 tsp of corn flour mixed with water to make a paste
- 4 orange segments
- 1 tbsp of flat leaf parsley roughly chopped
- Place the orange juice, apple juice, chilli & sugar in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and reduce by a third.
- Make a paste with water and cornflour and then stir into the sauce
- Simmer for 5 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Mix in the parsley
- Serve with your cooked duck, garnish with orange segments.
The Duck legs were incredibly simple to cook – pierce the skin and season with s&p before roasting them at 180c/160fan/ gas mark 4 for 90 mins. Rest them for 10 before serving. We had ours with steamed broccoli and carrots and baby new potatoes and the glaze worked perfectly – the heat from the chilli was complimented perfectly by the citrus from the orange and the parsley just made the whole thing so pretty! This would work equally well with noodles and stirfried vegetables.
I’m entering this into the Lavender and Lovage recipe sharing blog challenge ‘Cooking with Herbs’. Its a great way to share recipes which include herbs and this month the theme is Citrus so this recipe is perfectly timed. You can find more recipes from this months challenge and previous entries by clicking on the above link!
Happy recipe hunting!