It’s a Thursday, we’ve had a busy week and needed a quick, healthy(ish) dinner. Queue the latest copy of BBC Good Food Magazine for inspiration!
This months issue has a great feature called ‘5 ways to jazz up chicken‘. It’s from there that I found this quick and easy recipe for mozzarella and bacon wrapped chicken. I served it with steamed broccoli and carrots (gotta get those veggies in) and oven baked homemade potato & sweet potato wedges. All in all, a bit of luxury with the bacon and cheese but not overly fattening meal. Time wise this was relatively quick too, making it a good one for midweek meals. Avoid reaching for that takeaway menu!
Mozzarella, Pancetta & Thyme Wrapped Chicken
- Heat oven to 200c/180c fan/ gas 6.
- Slice a 125g ball of mozzarella and use to top 4 chicken breasts.
- Add a sprig of thyme to each and then wrap each chicken breast with 2 slices of pancetta or bacon.
- Put the chicken on a baking tray, drizzle over 1 tbsp olive oil and season.
- Bake or 15-20 mins, then grill for a few mins to crisp the pancetta, if needed.
If you try this Mozzarella and Bacon Wrapped Chicken, let me know how it turns out! I love to hear your comments. Do you make this already, are there other ingredients you like to use? What would you serve on the side?
And now, to finish this short and sweet blog post, I’m very pleased to announce that I’m part of the new BBC Good Food Show blogger group! I’ll be bringing you reviews, competitions and news about the shows which take place twice a year at the NEC Birmingham. And, if you look to the right, you’ll see my lovely new blogger badge to prove it!
See more of my chicken recipes here.